Thursday 15 March 2012

New York City Half Marathon, Here I Come!

I'm leaving for New York City tomorrow morning with two of my girlfriends.  We're heading back to do the Half Marathon.  I LOVE NYC!
NYC Half Header

Last year the weather was cool, clear and absolutely perfect for running.  So far, the weather reports are calling for 19C and sunny for race day.  Shorts and tank top is definitely called for.  I know I shouldn't like global warming, but if this is one of the benefits, then I'm ashamed to say that I'll take it. 

This is going to be a fun run for me again this year.  I'm not looking to book it for a PR because I'm saving that for next week's race at the Around the Bay. 


I love this race and I am definitely looking to beat my best time here.  

NYC will necessarily involve shopping, too.  One of the ladies coming with me should be a professional shopper.   She can spend money like nobody's business.   It didn't surprise me when she sent me an email with the subject line, "Our Biggest Sale of the Season..."  Lord and Taylor, watch out!  The ladies from Ontario are doing some damage. 

LRM, are you sure you can't come?  I'll be sure to take pictures of pretty shoes and text them to you ;-)

Ironman training continues and I'm looking forward to reducing my run distances after the Bay race.  I've been doing a lot more distance than necessary at this point in my training so I'll be cutting back after next week.  I can't say the same about the swimming and biking, though.  Those continue to increase, especially the cycling.   If this weather keeps up, I may be riding outside sooner than I thought.  All is still going well there and I'm feeling stronger and stronger every week.

Next post:  NYC recap and update on the Bay.  Enjoy the gorgeous weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Have a blast...yes I wish I could come but my career as Lotto Max winner isn't coming to fruition..

    ReplyDelete