A blogger I follow reviewed her 2012 and encouraged others to do the same. I've answered the same questions that she posted, but will have a more fulsome review later in the year. So here's my preliminary 2012 year in review.
1. Best Race Experience: Without question, it was Ironman Lake Placid. I worked my butt off (literally and figuratively) for this race.
2. Best Run: Running the NYC Half Marathon in March with some amazing friends. This one was for fun because my target run-only race was the very next week and I wanted to save the PR for that one.
3. Best New Piece of Gear: My Garmin 910 XT. I love how it tracks my swim workouts. It tracks my distance so that I don't have to count laps in the pool-- I'm a spazz when it comes to that -- and also gives me my distance in my open water swims. This baby gives me all the minutiae of detail that I want for my swims, my bike rides and my runs.
4. Best Piece of Running Advice: Someone telling me I needed to start training for myself.
5. Most Inspirational Runner(s): I loved Grete Waitz. Such a class act. But now I am inspired by the runners that I train with.
6. Sum up Your Year: I am stronger than I think, but I need to be stronger and less afraid to do things.
Feel free to tell me what your year was like, or do as I did and post on your own blog.