Thursday 17 January 2013

Three Things Thursday

Three workouts today:

1.  I swam.

Not exactly a big deal, but I'm a triathlete, so I shouldn't have taken a month off.  In my defence, I'm following the Hansons Marathon Method to aid me in my goal of qualifying for Boston in May and they don't encourage a ton of cross-training.  Hard for me to wrap my head around that, but I am a triathlete so I'm starting to incorporate my other disciplines again.  I'll see how that affects all the extra running I'm doing and adjust from there.  It was nice to get back in the pool again.

2.  I ran.  

Tempo run Thursday.  Last week's tempo run was pretty ugly so I wasn't sure what to expect this week.  Woo-freakin'-hoo!  Today I felt fantastic!  I did a 10 minute warm up and 10 minute cool down at the end with 6 repeats of 1K in between and two minute recovery after each rep.  They were all under 5:00 with the last and best one being 4:42.  I haven't done that EVER in any of my tempo runs.  I'm a pretty happy camper right now.

3.  I hot yoga'd.

Third time this week and it felt great.  This has been helping my flexibility tremendously since I started.  Today I was able to get into poses that have been a struggle for me in the past two weeks.  I'm convinced the hot yoga has helped my running and I would highly recommend it to all runners and triathletes.

Have a great weekend with fabulous workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment