Tuesday 12 February 2013

Is Winter Over Yet?





Just some of the lovely views around home and on my runs this past weekend.  It sure looks pretty, but I'm done with winter now.  Can someone please stop pissing off Mother Nature?

This past Saturday I did a virtual run in support of the Run for Sherry.  What you see above is what we got dumped with the day before the run.  Thank goodness the morning of the run was bright and sunny.  It was a beautiful day.  It made me appreciate that I was fortunate enough to be able to get out there and dedicate my run to someone who shared the same passion for running as I do but whose life was cut short by a senseless, tragic crime.  This run was a gentle reminder that we all need to be aware of our surroundings and extra vigilant when running alone.


I normally would have run a 10K this day, but I was running the Around the Bay route (30+K) the very next day and wanted to save my legs for the tough course so I made it a 7K instead.   My legs thanked me the next day, I assure you.  

The roads were pretty clear so we were fortunate enough not to have to dodge into piles of snow....until we got to Valley Inn hill.  The bottom half of the hill was not cleared so this was what we had to contend with.....


.... a single track up.  That's my husband in back and my kick-ass friend in front.  Unfortunately, this is what happened to my husband at the top:


He tapped out after this.  To give him credit, though, he got to 28K and he hadn't run that distance in over two weeks.  He's pretty awesome!

So now that we've been thoroughly dumped on, I'm asking kindly that spring gets sprung now.  I don't think it's too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment